Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hardy Geranium

Last year I planted two small hardy geranium plants. They have grown to four foot square and have been blooming for several weeks.
I never would have thought such a delicate looking plant would be so hardy.  The color is the darker color in the first photo. For some reason when I used the flash on this second photo they appear much lighter in color. The two plants are covered in blossoms. Coming up next a brand new adventure for Gary and I. I can't wait to share. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for hardy bloomers.
    Looking forward to hearing about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, yes this past winter some of my rosemary took a beating and several other plants and are barely putting on new growth. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of geraniums, but these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne, thanks, the hardy ones are different than the usual annual geraniums

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara, thanks, all the rain is making it all grow quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty and cheerful. My wild geraniums are just beginning to bloom. Between your area being warmer and our belated spring things have taken their time. I’ve seen a wild geranium with variegated leaves....once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi, thanks, I think I saw some wild ones here a couple of years ago on a forest road drive, variegated leaves, that would be something to have, perhaps collect seeds.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment